sarinabowen

Sarina Bowen

I write steamy, angsty contemporary romance and NA from Vermont. Where it is cold. Very very cold.

Coming In From the Cold
Sarina Bowen
Harlequin E Contemporary Romance Box Set Volume 1: Coming in from the ColdMaid to FitCalling His BluffBaker's Law
Amy Jo Cousins, Sarina Bowen, Rebecca Avery
Girl on Tour: 2 (Kylie Ryans)
Caisey Quinn
Harlequin E Contemporary Romance Box Set Volume 1: Coming in from the Cold / Maid to Fit / Calling His Bluff / Baker's Law
Sarina Bowen, Rebecca M. Avery, Amy Jo Cousins, Denise B McDonald

Backstage Pass: Sinners on Tour (The Sinners on Tour)

Backstage Pass - Olivia Cunning I'm puzzled by the fact that so many find this to be a sexy book. To be sure, there's lots of sex in it. It is nearly one continuous orgy. But for that to be sexy, it has to be believable. There has to be some basic yearning established beforehand, which can then be fulfilled. Instead, this book reads like a sex encyclopedia, where the author was careful to get every single possible sex act between the covers. (Up against a bus? Check. In the tub? Check. In the beeee-hind? Check.) But it doesn't flow at all.
The main character's internal conflict (an ex-lover who called her a 'ho for her sexual antics) felt very fake. Myrna was just not "real" to me. Brian was just a little clearer. But not enough that I cared about either of them.
Most disappointing, the music angle was underdeveloped. The rockers' behavior felt sketched in. It's not "insidery" in a credible way.